Sunday, January 18, 2009

some photos...




Here are some before and after shots of my profile... The middle picture, I'm jutting out my chin to give me a profile - no wonder I have back and neck pain! There's so much swelling in the first photo but I think you can still see there's improvement

Here are some pictures from today of my beautiful bruising. The doctor said they had to work really hard against those chin and neck muscles who did not want to budge! You can see I'm pretty yellow but the purple goes down REALLY far on my chest (don't try to see if there's any exposure, there's not! Makes me think of the Seinfeld episode where Elaine sends out a Christmas card with her ni**le showing!) . Anyway, the bruising goes down even farther than the picture shows. I'm still quite swollen but I don't know how much shows, and my nose is pretty crooked but I think that's the swelling! One good thing about being swollen is every wrinkle and every acne mark disappears when I'm this swollen! It makes me look so young!

4 comments:

Katherine (Kate) said...

Oh MY did they beat you up but good while they had you under! That's some impressive bruising you've got going on. ("They" say the slighter & fairer complexioned you are, the greater your chances of bruising being more , um, pronounced. This apparently holds true for you!)

What? No wardrobe malfunctions for the peanut gallery?! heehee :)

Just think, no more putting all that strain on your body to get that chin out there ~YAY! ;)

mcgee33 said...

Katherine, have I told you how fantastic you are!!?? Coming on and reading your encouraging comments has been a breath of fresh air! Your sense of humor and your tenderheartedness are such a wonderful combination. Thank you so much! I'm there for you when it's your turn, too, hon! Thanks for the good words!

Clarissa said...

WowWeeee....girl..you have me beat by many miles...look at those bruises?? Sheeesh...did they put you through the wringer or what? You poor thing!!

I have to say your profile shot looks really good and once all of the swelling goes down you'll be one hot chickie!!...not that you aren't already...but that chin will be awesome! So glad to see you're healing and I hope you're feeling better!!

laura said...

Woo!!!!! A chin!!!

That bruising is amazing. It's like a river under your skin - I thought my little "stream ending in a puddle in my cleavage" was kinda cool but that blows it away.

Kate is awesome, isn't she. She really kept me going through the recovery days.