Friday, January 16, 2009

ouch, this sucks...

Let's see... this is Friday, surgery Tuesday - that makes this day 3. More swelling after this, that's nasty. I woke up at 4:00 this morning with the roof of my mouth swollen really far down. Makes it's hard to talk and hard to breathe. I don't want to eat anything - how could I eat? I'm trying to drink cold water to take down the swelling but I can't get enough of it down. I really need some pain meds but I think I should eat food first. Now what?

5 comments:

Carolina said...

Hey babe
You must be feeling the worst of it. Hang in there! We're with you. About the facial swelling, moist heat works better after the first 48 hours.

Clarissa said...

Hi There,

So happy to hear how you're doing. It will get better and I can't wait to see your profile...you are pretty already but you're going to be knock dead gorgeous once the swelling goes down.

Can't wait to see your bruising..get some moist heat as Caroline suggested. I made mine out of two socks and white rice and let me tell you...it feels so good and I'm actually still using it. My jaw was pretty sore yesterday and I fell asleep with it wrapped around me last night.

Oh...you look a bit like a nun with your headgear...too cute!! Love Ya!

mcgee33 said...

I'm feeling dehydrated, too, so hard to get anything down with the inside of my mouth so swollen and numb. Any suggestions there?

Carolina said...

If you are not all banded up, ice chips?

mcgee33 said...

Yea, ice chips, but I'm realizing warm liquids are better than cold, so I'm going to try luke warm water. Dr. told me cold to reduce swelling but probably any water is better than no water!