Monday, January 12, 2009

tomorrow...

Tomorrow is the day. In one hour and one day, I'll be leaving for the hospital. Somehow, that makes me want to go back to bed. Maybe I'm just tired. I'm sure that's it, every time I type a word I have to go back and fix it. I must be tired. Besides having a bit of a meltdown Friday night, we had a good weekend. Friday, I was trying to get my husband to understand what I was feeling and I was giving him analogies like... "imagine you're preparing to jump out of a plane, you know you'll live but you're going to have broken bones cause your shute isn't going to open... now can you think of the anxiety I must be feeling?" Well, of course that didn't make sense and it only served to freak me out. But, we managed to move out of that meltdown and I'm doing much better now. Partly just choosing to relax. I have lunch with a friend today and I want to go to the store later. Also, for those of you who read my POOP story... I'm home this morning trying to relax enough to P**P. I know, TMI, but that's why I have a blog, so I can say anything I want! My husband promised me we'd get some pictures up on this thing tonight, so hopefully, more later...

7 comments:

Carolina said...

Hey Elaine, don't worry those of us we've been through it know what you are feeling right now, so at least know that you are not going kookoo :) If I may offer some last minute advice, eat everything and anything! You would be restricted to a liquid/mush diet for a couple of months. Feast, feast, feast! You won't regret it.

mcgee33 said...

Good advice Carolina! I went out to Red Robin for lunch with a friend and had my favorite Bleu Ribbon Burger. I'm not sure what's next but I'll try my best to feast today! Thanks.

holski said...

Good luck tomorrow Elaine!!!!!!

I will be thinking about you. Will anyone be blogging on your behalf? If not, how long until you are home?

Katherine (Kate) said...

Just popping in to offer a last farewell before you're on your way, Elaine.

Best wishes and will be thinking of you in the morning~ You go, girl!! :)

mcgee33 said...

I should be home Wednesday. Hopefully, my husband or son will get on just to say I'm okay. Thanks everyone for being in this with me! It's great to have so many friends!

Clarissa said...

Hi Elaine!!!

Tomorrow is the big day and you will be so happy that you've gone through with your surgery! I will say a special prayer for you that you'll find peace in the midst of all that will happen to you tomorrow. I will also be praying that you won't have much pain and that you'll go through the healing process with no complications. I can't wait to see you on the other side. Remember...deep breathing helps so much to help you relax..think of only good things and you'll be on the other side before you know it....oh...ask for one of those really pretty hats that will keep the heat in as they match those pretty hospital jammies perfectly!!! God Bless You!!

laura said...

I hope it all went wonderfully smoothly and that you're getting some sleep tonight!

Speaking of pre-surgery meals, I was at McDonalds getting a Big Mac at midnight before my surgery. Kind of pathetic really!

The post-surgery meals aren't too bad. You can do a lot with soup.

Looking forward to hearing how it went!