Saturday, January 17, 2009

day 4 evening...

Hey again. Just an update. One of the frustrating things is needing to sleep, sleeping and then needing to recover from sleeping! I feel so groggy and dehydrated after sleeping and then I'm ready for some sort of pill again and, of course I need to eat first but I don't feel like eating. I'm really having to push through a lot of my feelings.

Today I took my chin tape off. Boy, do I have the biggest, most beautiful lips ever!~ JK ~ THEY ARE GIGANTIC! Too bad my chin and neck are absolutely purple! I mean bright, beautiful purple. And, here's a TMI WARNING... my neck is purple all the way down to the top of my right br**st. It looks like I have a tan or something!

I know I'm jumping all over the place but I forgot to say what a weird day this has been. I felt absolutely terrible to the point of wimpering, and now I feel content. Low pain, discomfort, but nothing horrible at the moment. I guess I should just enjoy it and know these times will become more and more frequent but it's probably more up and down than continuous improvement. I've been having those strange feelings under my lower lip. I'm so swollen there's no way I could see any of the way I'll look when this is over and, at this point, I don't even care. I just want to feel normal again.

There are A LOT of food commercials on TV. I noticed when I had morning sickness but it's been a while... I told Tom today, you know your hungry when even dog food commercials look good! I must be really hungry!

2 comments:

funkyrhodes said...

Hi there! I'm getting my surgery in February. It's so interesting that the bruising doesn't come on until a few days after the surgery. How numb are you at this point and to what extent?

mcgee33 said...

Personally, I'm not THAT numb. My nose feels a little numb, the area between my chin and lower lip, the roof of my mouth. Brandy has a day by day recovery with many details of numbness, there's a link on my blog. Carolina just had it 2 weeks before me, and told me the first 5 days are really rough and then it gets better. I think she's been right although it does seem pretty individual. I was feeling really bad after I came home, with a bad headache and all. I decided to go off the vicodin thinking that was the culprit and I do think I may have been right. Motrin and tylenol seem to be doing the trick, taking the edge off. There is a discomfort that makes one want to whine and can't be described very well. I haven't regretted this, I'm so glad I went through it, it's hard but I was ready. You look young enough to enjoy many years of the benefits of the surgery!