Friday, January 23, 2009

day 10...








These are before and after photos, The black jacket is the after photos the colored sweater is the before. To me, I see differences, maybe it's not as obvious if you don't know me...

I think I goofed on the last post. I think that was actually day 7 (so I changed it). Surgery on the 13th, it's the 23rd, that sounds like day 10. Anyway, I'm at the point now where most things are manageable. The worst part of the day is usually right before bed when my right jaw just aches. So, I put moist heat on it and then I can sleep. My jaws are a little sore today. I only have 1 band evenly on each side.

I'm still on liquids only but had mashed potatoes with cheese for dinner. So, anything I can swallow without chewing. The other day a friend brought a wonderful dinner for the family and even included some delicious potato soup for me! Well, there was apple pie and I just couldn't resist! We put a piece of it in the magic bullet with a little vanilla ensure and... voila'!!!!! apple pie drink. It was so good and nice to have something a little bulkier in my belly!

Here's the other thing as far as my energy goes: one day this week I dusted and picked up a little and felt pretty good. The rest of the time I was pretty tired and just worn out. I think it takes the body a lot of energy to heal. The good part is I don't feel too badly. I'm just on 800 mg. motrin about 3 times/day. And, I do love the bed buddy (Bed, Bath and Beyond for $9.95). It's the moist heat thing for my jaw.

Funkyrhodes, you were asking about going back to work. At this point I'm 10 days out and would hate to be committed to going back to work. I think it would really wear me out. I definitely think at least 2 full weeks, 3 would be best, if it's possible. But, I'll keep you posted as I feel better.

I want to post some pictures of my face from the front. I still have bruises on my chin, but they are fading a little.

5 comments:

Katherine (Kate) said...

Um, if people can't see the differences here, they're smoking substances illegal in this hemisphere.

Look at that chin, the neck definition, the softer appearance, the remnants of last night's back-alley brawl: you DO look younger!

funkyrhodes said...

Thanks for the update...I already talked to boss about getting more time off. I can't imagine going back to work so soon; I'm glad you validated that thought.

Clarissa said...

Hi Elaine,

LOL @ Katherine...ditto her remark!! You look great and the difference is remarkable. Your new chin is just so beautiful and your entire face is so amazing...your OS did one fantastic job. You must be so excited!! Dolling you are beautiful!

laura said...

You're looking great! Your chin is now out on the same plane as your forehead. The skin around your chin is filled out more because it has more support. I think the differences are very noticeable.

laura said...

omg you have the cute little nose tilt now too!