Saturday, January 17, 2009

4 days post op...

Okay, here I am. My back hurts, my stomach aches and I need to POOP! It's getting a little easier to eat and I need to take more meds. That's all I do, eat, take meds, sleep, eat, take meds, sleep... I'm beginning to feel like a newborn. The roof of my mouth is really swollen and my face is too. I can take the chin tape off today.

Tom made me 2 smoothies, one last night and one today. We had friends stop by to watch a movie but I'm so not in the mood for company, they were really understanding and it was good to have them here. Tom was going to go out with Ed and Sue was going to stay with me, but I didn't want TOm to leave.

Whenever I start feeling crummy I try to walk around the house. There's no walking outside in Michigan right now, it's been below zero with even colder windchills. That's it for now....

2 comments:

Clarissa said...

Hi Elaine...sorry you're not feeling well and I hope you poop soon! :) I think it's a good idea you stay indoors as if you're chin feels anything like mine you already feel like it's cold and going out in zero weather...it'll feel like it's frozen. Hang in there...each day you'll start to feel a bit better. Can't wait to see some pics...don't be shy!! Have a restful day!

Katherine (Kate) said...

Brrrr! Gotta love the confines of winter. You're over half-way through your first week, so things will start to pick up, really. Ditto Clarissa's best wishes for poop : surgery, liquid diet, and meds do not healthy bowel funtion make! Can you add some ground up flax seed or other high fibre supplement to your smoothies? or water down some prune juice? Oh, it will feel SOOOOO goood when it happens. Your walks will help :)

Hang in there Elaine, and will be checking in on you soon :)