Sunday, January 18, 2009

day 5...

I'm actually not sure if this is considered day 5 or 6? I guess it's been a full 5 days as of 4 something. My surgery was Tuesday at noon. Anyway, I felt so bad all morning, kindof sick and lethargic. My hubby rubbed my head for a REALLY LONNNNNGGGGG time and that felt so wonderful, he made me soup, and went to Panera for some more soup. Finally, this afternoon I started to feel a little better. My oldest daughter and her boyfriend stopped with flowers and to see my beautiful purple neck and chest and to visit. While they were here, less than an hour, I started feeling really crappy again. I wish I could figure it out cause some of it feels food related. I think it might be the cranberry juice and soda water I've been drinking. I get such a stomach ache and so bloated! I think it might be the carbonation on such an empty stomach. Warm things feel and taste pretty good but I don't want any milk products because of phlegm. I'm not used to being so limited! I drank 2 ensures today and they sat pretty well, but even when I have a real fruit smoothie it seems to upset my stomach and make me feel really bad for a while! I wish I liked soup and had some great recipes! I love potato soup but don't know a broth based recipe. Anyone know a good potato soup recipe? Here's another frustration from my husband... by the time he takes all the 'stuff' out of the soup there's nothing left to give me. The soup from Panera had so much in it but there was really little broth left. The question is can you liquify the 'stuff' and keep it in the soup? It seems like I could have a little more consistancy - the OS said I could have cream of wheat so that's pretty thick. Anyway, maybe I'm being dense (haha, like the soup!) but I've just been eating the liquid... it caused a little fight between me and my hubby today. He's not normally great at care giving so this is a stretch for him, but he has been really wonderful about it!

Anyway, I hope you're all well. My features seem to change each day, I know there's a lot more to go and I'm anxious to see how I'm going to look. Today my nose is crooked and a little upturned. But, it's okay, it may not be as good as the nose I had but I'm okay [at least today]. As the swelling goes down I wonder how I'll feel about new features, but right now I'm content to have done this. I think I finally feel normal...

Laura said it well when she made a comment that she felt like her inside and outside now matched. That's what I want.

1 comment:

Katherine (Kate) said...

If your OS gave you a thumbs up for cream of wheat, then I'd say GO for it!!! Blend the snot out of whatever's in that soup till it's all mixed up, add more broth, water whatever to thin in out a bit if it's too thick to swallow, strain out big chunks if something doesn't want to smush up, and get it in to you :)

I would have to think you could make your potato soup as per normal, just replacing the cream with your broth....Given, it won't be as creamy, but should still taste okay and 'stick you your ribs' a bit.

Your nose might look crooked right now, but it's not done yet....
It'll settle. It's amazing how much swelling throws things off.
Hang in there!