Monday, February 2, 2009

20 days out from surgery ... easy to over do it!

Hey All! I was feeling pretty good so I tried to go out this weekend. Kind of like I had a new outfit or haircut I wanted to show off. My new face and most of all, my broken bones weren't ready yet. I was at a funeral Friday and saw many people I hadn't see for a while, talked way too much, etc... Saturday laid around all day and went out to dinner Sat. night. That was a little ambitious as well. I had delicious tomato soup at Carrabba's then tried some pasta which was so hard to chew and made me a little tired and sore. Sunday I went to church, drove an hour to get my daughter from winter camp, and went to a super bowl party. We had a blast but laughed too much for my own good. I still have internal swelling around my nose and upper lip so my cheeks look weird and it hurts to laugh. I was beginning to look like a 'who' and also can do a fantastic 'Gilly' imitation (one of Kristin Wigg's SNL characters my husband and I have the skit down and love to preform it!)...

Anyway, I felt really tired today and this afternoon started feeling pretty crummy. I have more feeling in my face and that pain was wiping me out as well. I slept all afternoon and into the evening. I feel a little better now.

My guess is that it takes a lot of energy to heal and it's probably important to take it easy even when I'm feeling better... or maybe I have a touch of something??? I tried to read through some blogs last night but I think everyone is so different. Brandy said her OS told her it takes about a month when you're over 30, under 30 it's more like 2 weeks. Well, being 47 I'm probably doing really well!
But, it's okay for me to take it easy, that's what this time is for!

6 comments:

Sharon said...

Hope you aren't catching something and that you feel better on Tuesday.

mcgee33 said...

Yeah, I was actually wondering that myself. Thanks for the encouragement, I hope you're doing well, too!

Katherine (Kate) said...

You had a busy weekend! Who knows, maybe all that extra "exercizing" will pay off in the end: First you feel the burn, then you see the rewards in the mirror (applies to more that just squats & lunges or so I'm told, haha! That's a whole different 'in the end'....)

Joking aside, sure hope you're feeling better asap and the energy easily renewed with a nap and tender loving care. Bugs be gone! :)

mcgee33 said...

Well, I'm still pretty tired, but I have plenty of time to rest so that's not all bad. I saw the OS again today and he wondered how I'm eating... if I'm getting enough nutrients. He took several stitches out, reconfigured my rubber bands, and told me everything looks great.

Katherine (Kate) said...

And are you? Getting enough nutrients, that is?

*Sleep tight*

Clarissa said...

Hi Elaine...Over 40 and I love my naps!! Ha! You're right though...you're probably just doing a bit too much too soon. Let your body tell you when to ease off and relax. I hope you're eating enough...love my ensure drinks...still have about four left from my two eight packs. Great for on the go.

I hope you start to feel better and it's not a bug or something.