Tuesday, December 9, 2008

rules for taking my picture

There are several rules I have for having my picture taken...
They are:
1) no profile shots
2) no pictures without me knowing
3) I must be smiling
4) a picture from the back is okay as long as my face is not showing
The reason for the rules is obvious (at least to me). I like to look good in pictures. As an adolescent I took really bad pictures and hated it, so I worked hard to become photogenic. Anyway, that's why, I can't stand to see pictures of myself looking bad. For the purpose of this blog, I will ease up on my rules, though. I'm going to boldly show some pictures that I hate, but they're the way I see myself! I'm usually smiling, which is the least expensive way to improve your looks... and I'm all about that!

This is taken with my youngest daughter in New York City this summer. She looks a lot like me, and she thinks we're both beautiful. She even says, she likes it when we're out together because then boys will see what she's going to look like when she's 47!

5 comments:

holski said...

aaah the picture taking rules... I think a lot of us on here are very familiar with those! =)

Katherine (Kate) said...

Very familiar with 'the rules' indeed!

As an aside, You have the best daughter.....EVER!!! :)

mcgee33 said...

I totally agree! Isn't that so awesome, especially for a 13 year old!!!

mcgee33 said...

well thank you mom...its not always the way i act but i truly love you...even though you dont always believe me i think that you are beautiful. and thats not just because you look like me. :) and for anyone else that reads this, in the second picture it was really windy and my hair is looking really funny... cuz of course i care. Mom, i just wanted to say that i am here with you on your journey to a larger airway.
ps this is elaine's daughter
-Natalie

laura said...

Hi Elaine's daughter!

Elaine, you really mastered those rules - you look beautiful in these pics! I had rules, but they didn't help very much. Perhaps "cover my face with hair and dim the lights". Or "take the photo from behind while I look over my shoulder and thrust out my chin". lol

I love that you have a whole rule about taking photos of your back :)