Monday, March 16, 2009

2 more opinions on my crooked septum

Hey... just a quickie here... I saw 2 surgeon's this past week. A cranial-facial surgeon and another ENT. Both said my septum was probably too long since my jaw was moved up and shorted. Both thought it would be best to trim the septum and place it back into the nasal spine. [None of this 'I'll just remove your nasal spine, you don't need it anyway' bullpoop! Dr. Country Club is out... yeah!] I have to schedule a CT scan so the doc can see the full picture and come up with the best plan with no surprises. BTW, the cranial-facial guy is my brother-in-law; he's out of the city and out of network as far as our insurance goes. I'm going to the ENT who is excellent, she has done surgery on me and 2 of my kids in the past... and, I trust her! I think I'll call her Dr. I Care About My Patients or Dr. ICAMP for short.

2 comments:

Katherine (Kate) said...

Hurray for Dr. ICAMP! That has to feel better~ and having two in agreement has GOT to make that an easier choice. Trusting someone a huge must. Having a built-in family reference is nice, too :) How long do you have to wait to get this taken care of? Um, what supports your nose if there's no spine???

mcgee33 said...

I have no idea what supports the nose if there is no spine... maybe boogers? I have to schedule the CT scan, then hear back from the doctor. She said she's about 4 weeks out, so maybe 4 weeks after the scan? I'm not sure, but I am anxious to get this over with. I'm ready to feel normal again.