Monday, August 30, 2010

19 months post op


Just a quick update... here's a picture of me from last October... my 30 year reunion from high school.

All is well. I have most, if not all, of my feeling back. I never did lose feeling in my lips (thankfully!). I feel normal, like this is how I've always been. It's fun running into people who knew me before surgery and to see them looking at me intensely... I always ask if they think I look different and then tell them why.

I'm sleeping much better. I'm feeling like a normal person. I don't feel like I always have to smile so people don't see my "deformity" (lack of lower jaw and chin). I saw some pre-op pictures today and I'd love to post some pre and post op pictures. Probably will someday soon...

Bye for now.

1 comment:

Mollieb said...

You look great. It's amazing what the surgery can do for your confidence!