Friday, June 12, 2009

successful septum surgery...

I'm back from surgery. Dr. ICAMP (I care about my patients) did a great job. I was able to have IV sedation. My nose is swollen inside so I can't really tell if it's going to be straight yet. I'm also dripping watered down blood so I have a gauze mustache - 'got milk'? I'm taking vicoden for the pain but it's very localized. I feel like I have a broken nose but the meds are really working for now. I was home about 1:00 pm, slept for a while, then got up and ate something and now I'm watching TV. I also watered my plants. Don't know how I'll feel tomorrow, but I expecting the best.

5 comments:

Katherine (Kate) said...

Wow! I'm so glad you're back and doing okay! Got milk, hahaha, and also *gag*! I notice you declined to show us this beautiful mustache....

Oh, it'll be straight~ I have faith in the wonderful abilities of Dr. ICAMP! You're going to be done and over with all this jazz before you know it :)

ps. Um... 3 cheers for vicoden!!

Katherine (Kate) said...

How are you feeling after the weekend? Way better recovering than the last surgery? Or just completely different?

Take good care,
Always so good to hear from you :)

mcgee33 said...

Hey Kate! I'm feeling pretty worn out after the weekend. It was quite the let down. Hot flashes, stuffy nose, general grouchy and crabbiness, feeling totally crumby, but this is much better than the jaw surgery. I think I'm extra grumpy because it's nice out and everybody is going to the beach, enjoying the weather, and I'm bitchin' and moanin'! Aren't you glad you asked? I am! Thanks!

Katherine (Kate) said...

Oh, pooh, and yes, I'm glad I asked. What's that saying, "A Burden shared gets cut in half and A Joy shared doubles"? Think I saw it on a bumper sticker (right beside the one about "if you can read this, you're following too close"...) hehehe ;)

What is the estimated recovery time like with this surgery? Hopefully you're out on that beach real soon. I guess the big pro would be that at least with this one you can eat, lol.

Seriously, hope you're feeling less crumby and breathing easy soon :)

stephanie said...

Hope you're feeling better! How is everything going?